Monday, February 28, 2011

Que Es Esto?

Yes. That is spanish you just read. Considering my being in Italy, this whole spanish thing has to stop, although I started to get pretty good at it, might I say so myself. My question- What Is This?



I left America to discover the European ways of life. And the first thing I am served for dinner is from a  pig leg. Just sitting in the kitchen. Practically staring at me... without its eyes, even. So I'm sitting there at the dinner table with these strange but beautiful Italian words being thrown around and the occasional choppy English question hardly to be understood by an attractive, yet older, Italian friend of the family. I kept thinking, "what is happening to me right now? What IS this?" Just smile and nod, Stace.......smile and nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment